Becoming a SIGSOFT member is easy and provides valuable benefits. Join ACM and SIGSOFT now and you will have the following benefits:
- Member Benefits:
- Subscription to the bi-monthly newsletter, Software Engineering Notes in electronic format. Additional print subscription for print members. SEN contains member-submitted articles as well as regular columns including the popular forum, "Risks to the Public"
- Web access to the SIGSOFT portion of the ACM Digital Library, including articles from all SIGSOFT sponsored and co-sponsored conferences (e.g., ICSE, EESC/FSE, PASTE, and ISSTA)
- Discounted registration at conferences and workshops that are sponsored, co-sponsored or in cooperation with SIGSOFT
- Proceedings of the International Conference on Software Engineering (ICSE) are available as a Member Plus package
- Notification of relevant information through the SIGSOFT electronic member mailing list
- The SIGSOFT Web site, www.sigsoft.org
- The SEWORLD Mailing List, www.sigsoft.org/seworld/
- The SEN Web site, www.sigsoft.org/SEN/, which includes additional SEN content such as books available for review as well as links to references in the Risks to the Public and Surfing the Web columns
- SIGSOFT presence on social networking sites, including a LinkedIn group (ACM SIGSOFT), a Facebook community page (ACM SIGSOFT), and a Twitter feed (sigsoft)
- Community Benefits:
- Networking and leadership opportunities through participation in SIGSOFT events.
- Stimulating interaction among practitioners, researchers, and educators through SIGSOFT events.
- Representing software engineers to professional, legal, and political entities.
- Opportunities to serve as a volunteer in various capacities in relation to SIGSOFT activities.
- Fostering professional development of software engineers through participation in the Computing Curriculum for Software Engineering Steering Committee.
- Providing assistance to graduate students presenting papers at SIGSOFT-sponsored conferences via the Conference Attendance Program for Students grants.
- Participation in honoring distinguished individuals through the:
- ACM SIGSOFT Distinguished Paper Awards are also given to a small number of papers accepted at SIGSOFT-sponsored conferences
- Participation in honoring distinguished Ph.D. students through the ACM SIGSOFT Outstanding Doctoral Dissertation Award
The current annual rates in US dollars:
- SIGSOFT (Print) membership, Professional: $30
- SIGSOFT (Print) membership, Student: $25
- SIGSOFT (Print) membership, Affiliate (non-ACM Member): $30
- SIGSOFT membership, print subscription only: $40
- Online membership, Professional: $20
- Online membership, Student: $10
- Online membership, Affiliate: $20
- SIGSOFT Member Plus Package (in addition to SIGSOFT membership):
- ICSE Proceedings: International Conference on Software Engineering (April): $30
- Expedited Air (outside North America): $20
Print Memberships are mailed hardcopies of SEN. Online members receive access to pdf versions of SEN.
For further information please refer to: