Software Engineering Notes (SEN) is edited, but not refereed, and has no impact factor. SEN is for informal writings and reports about software engineering and may not be suitable for academic writing. SEN contributions are archived in the ACM Digital Library and are publicized through many search engines and scientific indices.
SEN submissions are now being accepted at http://sen.sigsoft.org/.
New Site for Online Submissions
We have a new site, http://sen.sigsoft.org/, for online submission of items for publication in SEN. You can submit articles, reports, reviews, columns, announcements and book reviews.
Books Available For Review
If you're a member of SIGSOFT and would like to see your name in print, check out the list of available books, have the editor send you a book, read it, write up your review and send it in.
Papers, Reviews and Columns in the March Issue
This issue of SEN includes reports and papers on:
- Notes On Agile and Safety-Critical Development, by Jakob Axelsson, Efi Papatheocharous, Jaana Nyfjord and Martin Törngren
- Agile Safety Analysis, by Tor Stålhane and Thor Myklebust
- Challenges and Opportunities in Agile Development in Safety Critical Systems: A Survey, by O. Doss and T. P. Kelly
- Proceedings on the 1st Workshop on Agile Methods Applied to Development and Certification of Safety-critical Software, by Geir K. Hanssen, Thor Myklebust and Tor Stålhane
- 1st International Workshop on UML Consistency Rules (WUCOR 2015): Post workshop report, by Damiano Torre, Yvan Labiche, Marcela Genero, Maged Elaasar, Tuhin Kanti Das, Bernhard Hoisl and Matthias Kowal
- Technical Debt: Broadening Perspectives Report on the Seventh Workshop on Managing Technical Debt (MTD 2015), by Paris Avgeriou, Neil A. Ernst, Robert L. Nord and Philippe Kruchten
- A Graph-Based Dynamic Slicing of Distributed Aspect-Oriented Software, by Jagannath Singh, Subhrakanta Panda, P. M. Khilar and D. P. Mohapatra
- Improved GUI Testing using Task Parallel Library, by Muhammed Maruf Öztürk and Ahmet Zengin
- Industrial Case Study of Transition from V-Model into Agile SCRUM in Embedded Software Testing Industries, by Jason Lee Hua Jie
- Insights from Mining Eleven Years of Scholarly Paper Publications in Requirements Engineering (RE) Series of Conferences, by Richa Sharma, Peeyush Aggarwal and Ashish Sureka
- UCFrame: A Use Case Framework for Crowd-Centric Requirement Acquisition, by Wei-Chung Hu and Hewijin Christine Jiau
The letters and columns in this issue include the following:
- From the Chair - Nenad Medvidovic
- Letter from the Editor: John Georgas
- Top 10 Downloaded Articles
- Top 10 Most Cited Articles
- SIGSOFT and ACM Learning Webinars available on YouTube
- Passages - Alex Groce
- Surfing the Net for Software Engineering Notes - Mark Doernhoefer
- Risks to the Public - Peter G. Neumann and contributors
SEN online in the Digital Library
The full text of the current issue and all back issues of Software Engineering Notes is now available free online for SIGSOFT members in the ACM Digital Library.