Books Available For Review
If you're a member of SIGSOFT and would like to see your name in print, check out the list of available books, have the editor send you a book, read it, write up your review and send it in.
Papers, Reviews and Columns in the May Issue
This issue of SEN includes reports and papers on:
- A Novel, Generalized Recommender System for Social Media using the Collaborative-Filtering Technique, by Ramesh A, Anusha J, and Clarence J M Tauro
- Cost-Priority Cognizant Regression Testing, by Harsh Bhasin
- Clone Detection in Software Source Code using Operational Similarity of Statements, by Raminder Kaur and Satwinder Singh
- State of the Art in Software Quality Assurance, by R. Nandakumar, A.K. Lal, and R.M. Parmar
- Class Point Approach for Software Effort Estimation using Stochastic Gradient Boosting Technique, by Shashank Mouli Satapathy, Barada Prasanna Acharya, and Santanu Kumar Rath
- Clone Detection in UML Class Models using Class Metrics, by Satwinder Singh and Raminder Kaur
- Impact of Change in Component Reliabilities on System Reliability Estimation, by Lalit Kumar Singh, Gopika Vinod, and A.K. Tripathi
- FISA-XP: An Agile-based Integration of Security Activities with Extreme Programming, by Sonia, Archana Singhal, and Hema Banati
The book reviews in this issue are:
- Core Python Applications Programming (3rd Edition), Written by Wesley J. Chun, Reviewed by Harisankar Krishna Swamy
- Core Java® Volume II — Advanced Features (9th Edition), Written by Cay S. Horstmann and Gary Cornell, Reviewed by Arzu Behiye Tarimci
- Programming in CoffeeScript, Written by Mark Bates, Reviewed by Ronald Finkbine
The letters and columns in this issue include the following:
- From the Chair: The Scientist - Will Tracz
- From the Editor - Michael Wing
- Top 10 Downloaded Articles
- Top 10 Most Cited Articles
- SEN Reviewers Wanted
- ICPE'14 CAPS Experience Report - Jóakim v. Kistowski
- ICPE'14 / Hot Topics Workshop CAPS Experience - Andreas Weber
- Software Engineering Puns and Quotes - Frances Paulisch
- 50 Top Computer Science Programs - Alexandra Papoutsaki,et al.
- Passages - Alex Groce
- Rockstar - Robert Schaefer
- Surfing the Net for Software Engineering Notes - Mark Doernhoefer
- Risks to the Public - Peter G. Neumann and contributors
And here is the solution to the Software Engineering Puns and Quotes crossword puzzle in the March issue.
FSE 22, the 22nd ACM SIGSOFT Symposium on the Foundations of Software Engineering, will be held from 16-22 November, 2014 in Hong Kong. Check the conference website for more information.
ICSE 2014, the International Conference on Software Engineering, was held from 31 May - 7 June, 2014 in Hyderabad, India. Check the conference website for more information.
SEN online in the Digital Library
The full text of the current issue and all back issues of Software Engineering Notes is now available free online for SIGSOFT members in the ACM Digital Library.