Books Available For Review
If you're a member of SIGSOFT and would like to see your name in print, check out the list of available books, have the editor send you a book, read it, write up your review and send it in.
Papers, Reviews and Columns in the March Issue
This issue of SEN includes reports and papers on:
- Technical Debt at the Crossroads of Research and Practice: Report on the Fifth International Workshop on Managing Technical Debt, by Davide Falessi, Philippe Kruchten, Robert L. Nord, and Ipek Ozkaya
- Report of the 2013 IEEE 7th International Symposium on the Maintenance and Evolution of Service-Oriented and Cloud-Based Systems (MESOCA 2013), by Anca Daniela Ionita, Grace A. Lewis, and Marin Litoiu
- The 2nd Workshop on Social and Algorithmic Issues in Business Support - Knowledge Hidden in Text, by Adam Wojciechowski and Alok Mishra
- The Future of Software Engineering: A Survey, by Zeeshan Anwar, Nazia Bibi, and Ali Ahsan
- Neural Network Based Black Box Testing, by Yojna Arora, Harsh Bhasin and Esha Khanna
- A Survey of Computational Intelligence Approaches for Software Reliability Prediction, by Manmath Kumar Bhuyan, Durga Prasad Mohapatra, and Srinivas Sethi
- Service-Oriented Product Lines: A Systematic Mapping Study, by Daniela Castelluccia and Nicola Boffoli
- Evaluation of Web-specific Goal Oriented Requirements Language Models with Quantitative Reasoning, by Shailey Chawla, Sangeeta Srivastava, and Punam Bedi
- Dynamic Coupling Metrics for Object Oriented Software Systems - A Survey, by Rani Geetika and Paramvir Singh
- A Novel Approach for Collaborative Last-mile Performance Testing Implementation using an Object-oriented Approach, by Kaushik R, Vishal D Souza, Clarence J M Tauro, and Koushik Bhowmick
- Reusability-based Quality Framework for Software Components, by Simrandeep Singh Thapar, Paramjeet Singh, and Shaveta Rani
- Agile, CMMI®, RUP®, ISO/IEC 12207... Is There a Method in this Madness?, by Francisco José López-Lira Hinojo
The book reviews in this issue are:
- Information Visualization. Perception for Design, Written by Colin Ware, Reviewed by Veit Johns
- Patterns of Information Management, Written by Mandy Chessell and Harald Smith, Reviewed by Robert Schaefer
The letters and columns in this issue include the following:
- From a Member At Large - Willem Visser
- From the Editor - Michael Wing
- Top 10 Downloaded Articles
- Top 10 Most Cited Articles
- SEN Reviewers Wanted
- Software Engineering Puns and Quotes - Frances Paulisch
- Passages - Alex Groce
- Software Management: Process and Reification - Robert Schaefer
- The Best Laid Plans of Mice and Men - Raccoon and Dog
- Surfing the Net for Software Engineering Notes - Mark Doernhoefer
- Risks to the Public - Peter G. Neumann and contributors
And here is the solution to the Software Engineering Puns and Quotes crossword puzzle in the March issue.
ICSE 2014, the International Conference on Software Engineering, will be held from 31 May - 7 June, 2014 in Hyderabad, India. Check the conference website for details.
FSE 22, the 22nd ACM SIGSOFT Symposium on the Foundations of Software Engineering, will be held from 16-22 November, 2014 in Hong Kong. Check the conference website for more information.
SEN online in the Digital Library
The full text of the current issue and all back issues of Software Engineering Notes is now available free online for SIGSOFT members in the ACM Digital Library.