Software Engineering Notes (SEN) is edited, but not refereed, and has no impact factor. SEN is for informal writings and reports about software engineering and may not be suitable for academic writing. SEN contributions are archived in the ACM Digital Library and are publicized through many search engines and scientific indices.
SEN submissions are now being accepted at http://sen.sigsoft.org/.
New Site for Online Submissions
We have a new site, http://sen.sigsoft.org/, for online submission of items for publication in SEN. You can submit articles, reports, reviews, columns, announcements and book reviews.
Books Available For Review
If you're a member of SIGSOFT and would like to see your name in print, check out the list of available books, have the editor send you a book, read it, write up your review and send it in.
Papers, Reviews and Columns in the September Issue
This issue of SEN includes reports and papers on:
- 3rd International Workshop on Conducting Empirical Studies in Industry (CESI 2015) - Post workshop Report, by Carlos Henrique C. Duarte, Xavier Franch, and Nazim H. Madhavji
- Trends in Empirical Research: The Report on the 2014 Doctoral Symposium on Empirical Software Engineering, by Davide Falessi, Ioannis Stamelos, Emanoel Barreiros, Zadia Caodabux, Waldemar Ferreira, Christian Quesada-Lopez, Guoping Rong, Igor Scaliante Wiese, and Periklis Tsirakidis
- Information Systems in Distributed Environments - ISDE 2014, by Alok Mishra, Jürgen Münch and Deepti Mishra Summary of 2nd International Workshop on Requirements Engineering and Testing (RET 2015), by Elizabeth Bjarnason, Markus Borg, Mirko Morandini, Michael Unterkalmsteiner, Michael Felderer and Matthew Staats
- Toward Simpler, not Simplistic, Quantification of Software Architecture and Metrics: Report on the Second International Workshop on Software Architecture and Metrics, by Ipek Ozkaya, Robert L. Nord, Heiko Koziolek and Paris Avgeriou
- Twin Peaks goes Agile, by Matthias Galster, Mehdi Mirakhorli, Anne Koziolek
- Measures for Predicting Software Reliability using Time Recurrent Neural Networks with Back-propagation, by Manmath Kumar Bhuyan, Durga Prasad Mohapatra and Srinivas Sethi
- Validation to the Requirement Elicitation Framework via Metrics, by Shahid Nazir Bhatti, Maria Usman and Amr A. Jadi
- Resolving Ambiguities in Natural Language Software Requirements: A Comprehensive Survey, by Unnati S. Shah and Devesh C. Jinwala
The letters and columns in this issue include the following:
- From the Chair-Elect: Money - Nenad Medvidovic
- Letter from the Interim Editor: The Times they are A-Changin - Will Tracz
- Top 10 Downloaded Articles
- Top 10 Most Cited Articles
- Surfing the Net for Software Engineering Notes - Mark Doernhoefer
- Risks to the Public - Peter G. Neumann and contributors
ICSE 2015 was held May 16 - 24, 2015 in Firenze, Italy.
ESEC/FSE 2015 was held August 31 - September 4, 2015 in Bergamo, Italy.
SEN online in the Digital Library
The full text of the current issue and all back issues of Software Engineering Notes is now available free online for SIGSOFT members in the ACM Digital Library.