Software Engineering Notes (SEN) is edited, but not refereed, and has no impact factor. SEN is for informal writings and reports about software engineering and may not be suitable for academic writing. SEN contributions are archived in the ACM Digital Library and are publicized through many search engines and scientific indices.
SEN submissions are now being accepted at http://sen.sigsoft.org/.
New Site for Online Submissions
We have a new site, http://sen.sigsoft.org/, for online submission of items for publication in SEN. You can submit articles, reports, reviews, columns, announcements and book reviews.
Books Available For Review
If you're a member of SIGSOFT and would like to see your name in print, check out the list of available books, have the editor send you a book, read it, write up your review and send it in.
Papers, Reviews and Columns in the July Issue
This issue of SEN includes reports and papers on:
- Information Systems in Distributed Environments, by Alok Mishra, Jürgen Münch and Deepti Mishra
- Lack of Attention to Singular (or Atomic) Requirements Despite Benefits for Quality, Metrics and Management, by William L. Honig, Natsuko Noda and Shingo Takada
- A Comparison of Sorting Times between Java 8 and Parallel Colt: An Exploratory Experiment, by Andrew Brooks, Laura Krebs and Brandon Paulsen
The letters and columns in this issue include the following:
- From the Chair - Nenad Medvidovic
- Letter from the Editor: John Georgas
- Top 10 Downloaded Articles
- Top 10 Most Cited Articles
- SIGSOFT and ACM Learning Webinars available on YouTube
- Preview: Ethical and Moral Issues for Software Engineers - Leon Osterweil
- Passages - Alex Groce
- Outward Thinking for our Research Community - Tao Xie
- Surfing the Net for Software Engineering Notes - Mark Doernhoefer
- Risks to the Public - Peter G. Neumann and contributors
SEN online in the Digital Library
The full text of the current issue and all back issues of Software Engineering Notes is now available free online for SIGSOFT members in the ACM Digital Library.